Congaree Rapid FC – Individual Player Development (2016-17)
Proposed New Club Coaching Model Featuring Player Methodology
I. Our Purpose
“Our soccer unites the communities of the Midlands, inspires dreams, and forges memories.”
1. We will set standards, adhere to them, and enjoy the successes thereof.
2. Creating an environment that demands integrity and respect for our constituents and the game.
3. Respect the seriousness of competition and the joy of fun within it.
4. Top-to-bottom youth development is the foundation for sustained on-field peak performance.
5. Our leadership will give proactively, with a direct focus on our youth, beginning with our JA.
6. Cultivate the CRFC family, respecting the diversity and uniqueness.
- Positive Possession Based
- Forward First
- High Tempo
- Fast Technique
- Lots of Mobility
- Balance of Long and Short Passes
- Collective Team Operation in Attack and Defense
- Ball Oriented Defending (Pressing)
- Tactical Flexibility
IN POSSESSION – ATTACKING STRATEGY/ORGANIZATION
- Individualized technical Skill Development
- Building play
- Final third attacking play
- Midfield mobility
- Playing forward
- Attacking from wide areas
- Striker movement
- Crossing and finishing
- Switch of play
- Functional/directional possession play
- Direct play
- Combination play
- Passing, receiving, creativity
- Handling pressure/shielding
OUT OF POSSESSION – DEFENDING STRATEGY/ORGANIZATION
- Defending in the final 1/3 (protecting the “6” > penalty area > final third)
- Pressure on the Ball, Denial of the Space
- Line of confrontation
- Zonal Play
- Individual defending body shape and technique
TRANSITION FROM DEFENSE TO ATTACK
- Passing to advance
- Promote the counter-attack
- Forward movement (On-Ball & Off-Ball), attacking runners, attack-minded reactions
- Fast technique
- Direct play/long-passing
TRANSITION FROM ATTACK TO DEFENSE
- Pressing (“Counter-pressure”) – A team is most vulnerable in the 6 seconds after a turnover
- Defensive-minded reactions: Pressure/Shape/Denial of Space
- Recovery defending – lines of recovery
- Delaying progress of the ball SET PIECES
- Make the most of attacking opportunities
- Defend strongest in the most dangerous areas
- Counter against the counter-attack
II. Proposed Long Term Development Strategy
OUR METHODOLOGY TO CREATE A “RAPID” SOCCER PLAYER
In particular, the development and technical improvement remains the only aspect of any preliminary tactical teaching, but at the same time the technical training has to be in continuous connection and integration with the tactical training to maximize the intellectual development of the Rapid player.
Our three conditions are:
1. MAXIMUM GROWTH OF INDIVIDUAL TECHNIQUE
2. IMPROVING THE TECHNIQUE TO TEACH AND TO MAKE BETTER USE OF THE TACTICAL SIDE
3. IMPROVING THE INDIVIDUAL FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE GROUP
The careful planning of a training program for our Rapid players and teams requires a crucial understanding of the dynamics in the development of their technical, tactical and physical capacities and the way they influence one another. After the age of 14 (the transition from Junior Select to Senior Select/Premier Select), we will train on polishing the Rapid player, without the error of wanting to clearly distinguish all the activities, but rather on integrating them. The Rapid player has to gain as much experience possible in order to add to their repertoire what allows the player to solve, interpret and predict effectively, thanks to the memory and to the experience (the feedback), the issues and the varying situations of the game.