NSCA Player Code of Ethics & Conduct
NSCAA Player Code of Ethics and Conduct
1. Players strive for success while playing fairly, observing the Laws of the Game and the highest levels of sportsmanship.
2. Players shall treat officials with respect and dignity.
3. Opponents are worthy of being treated with respect. Player will model such respect for opponents and expect their teammates to do likewise.
4. In both victory and defeat, the behavior of a soccer player shall model grace, dignity and composure.
5. The soccer player shall adhere to the highest standards and regulations of the institutions they represent: clubs, schools, sponsoring organizations and sports governing bodies.
6. Soccer players shall have a responsibility to promote the interests of soccer, including treating media with courtesy, honesty and respect.
7. Soccer players shall model inclusive behavior, actively supporting cultural diversity while opposing all types of discrimination, including, but not limited to, racism and sexism, at all levels of soccer.
8. Soccer players are responsible for taking an active role in their education about, prevention and treatment of drug, alcohol and tobacco abuse in their own lives.
9. Players shall refrain from all manner of personal abuse and harassment of others, whether verbal, physical, emotional or sexual, and shall oppose such abuse and harassment at all levels of soccer.
10. Soccer players shall seek to honor those who uphold the highest standards and principles of soccer and shall use appropriate protocol to oppose and eliminate all behavior that brings disrepute to the sport – violence, abuse, dishonesty, disrespect and violations of the Laws of the Game and rules of competition.